|Concentric circles for R1 and R2 (Newmark's Chart)|
|Stress at a depth of z due to load on one sector of a 20 sectored circle|
- Procedure to determine the value of the Stress at a given point P at a death z
- Measure the depth z and precisely locate the point P where the stress is to be determined.
- Plot the plan of the loaded area with a scale of z equal to unit length of the chart (AB).
- Place the plan on the chart in such a manner that the point P, at which the stress is to be determined is placed directly below the center of the chart.
- Count the number of elements(M) of the chart enclosed by the plan of the loaded area.
Reference: Buy this book online from Amazon. Titled 'Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering' by Dr. K R Arora.