Properties of Flow net:
- Flow lines and equal potential lines intersect each other at 90 degrees.
- The areas bounded by the flow lines and equal potential lines form approximate squares.
- Flow nets must satisfy the boundary conditions of flow field.
- Quantity of water flowing through each flow channel is the same.
- The potential drop in any two consecutive equal potential lines is same/constant.
- Flow lines and equal potential lines are smooth curves.
- Flow lines do show refraction at the interface between two soils having different coefficient of permeability.
Application of Flow Net: